Please be aware, you will need to be a member of the QARNNS Association to attend most events, with the exception of the QARNNS Service of Remembrance at Portsmouth Cathedral, at which all QARNNS are welcome (but would need to be a member or an invited guest for the Branch lunch).
1. AGM Monday 1 November 2021 - The QARNNS Association AGM 2021 is to be held in Portsmouth at the Royal Maritime Club and Hotel. Further information available on the dedicated page.
2. The QARNNS Annual Service of Remembrance is to be held in Portsmouth Cathedral, High Street, Old Portsmouth, PO1 2HA, at 1200 noon Tuesday 2 November 2021.
It is hoped that members and guests will join us at this service, around which we have arranged the AGM
If you cannot attend the cathedral, in person, on the day, please be aware, the service will be STREAMED on the day and for up to a week after - please click on the link below.
The Service is to be followed bu Tea/Coffee and Cake, when Serving and former QARNNS will be able to mingle. Cost is to be subsidised for members but guests to be charged £3pp as per the AGM and Cathedral Service Returns Form enclosed in Summer 2021 newsletter.
3. Posted on behalf of RFA Argus Gulf Deployment 1990-1991
30th Anniversary Reunion (postponed from 2020)
Date: Saturday 30th October 2021 from 7pm until midnight.
Venue: The Ballroom, Royal Plymouth Corinthian Yacht Club
Madeira Road, Plymouth.
Bar, Buffet and DJ
Tickets being sold via Eventbrite this time and the link is:
Plenty of local accommodation is available near The Hoe.
Any queries, please contact Laura Way / Amanda Charlton via email@example.com
4. Capt Steve Spencer (Rtd) who is currently serving as Acting Chairman, for the Association has kindly agreed to continue in this role , explaining in the Summer edition of the QARNNS Association Newsletter, that given the strange times and our inability to hold an AGM in 2020 to find his replacement, he has agreed to continue in the role until the 2021 AGM.
5. A Message from Steve Spencer Giving Clarity on Copyright of Insignias
We now have an approved insignia, which can be viewed on the page headers of this QARNNS Association website
Approval and a licence is required from the MoD for any merchandise utilising insignia (in our case QARNNS). If a licence is obtained, annual reports of total sales have to be submitted to MoD.